Bay Area's Fastest Growing Email Marketing Service Provider up 458% in 2007
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – (Marketwire - November 3, 2008) – VerticalResponse, the leading provider of self-service email marketing and direct mail solutions, today announced it ranked number 35 on Deloitte's 2007 Technology Fast 500, a ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications and life sciences companies in North America. Additionally, VerticalResponse was recently listed number 32 on the San Francisco Business Times annual award of Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the Bay Area. This is the fourth consecutive year VerticalResponse has achieved both honors. The company has demonstrated significant revenue growth, expansion of services and product development over the past year -- measured at 458% growth by Deloitte and Touche.
"We are honored to be acknowledged for our growth by both of these prestigious organizations," said VerticalResponse CEO and founder Janine Popick. "We have made a concerted effort to continually build out our offering and provide an effective product that meets all of our customers' email marketing and communication needs, and with nearly 50,000 customers, we're incredibly proud to get the confirmation that we're doing exactly that."
The Fast 500 rankings are based on percentage of fiscal year revenue growth over five years, from 2003-2007. VerticalResponse grew 458 percent during this period. The San Francisco Business Times Top 100 Fastest-Growth Private Companies list is based on percent of net revenue growth from FY2005 - FY2007. During this time period, VerticalResponse's revenues grew 34% (from $6.4 million to $8.6 million).
VerticalResponse's success draws from its wide popularity among small businesses. Its committed and diverse customer base now reaches almost 50,000 and spans a broad range of industries, including advertisers, wineries, travel agencies, retailers, and many more. In the past year, VerticalResponse has grown its product significantly. Most recently, it added a pay-per-month pricing option enabling customers to send unlimited email, but also offers a flexible pay-as-you-go model, so small businesses can get the most for their money -- no matter what their needs. This announcement comes on the heels of a new survey tool and a full set of upgrades to meet the full spectrum of small businesses' needs.
VerticalResponse has received continual recognition by the industry. Some of the more recent recognitions include:
- Best-in-Show at salesforce.com's 2nd Annual Appy Awards.
- Finalist for the 2007 ClickZ Marketing Excellence Awards for Innovation in Email for the past decade.
- Finalist in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year of Northern California Award.
- Recognized as winner for Best Overall Company by the American Business Awards, and nominated as finalist in five other categories.
- Ranked No. 1,188 on the 2008 Inc. 5,000.
- Ranked #32 on the 2008 San Francisco Business Times List of "Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the Bay Area."
- Ranked #4 on the 2007 San Francisco Business Times' list of Best Places to Work in the Bay Area.
- Ranked #1113 on the 2007 Inc. 5,000 List of Fastest Growing Companies.
- Winner of the Web Marketing Association 2007 award for outstanding achievement in website development.
- Finalist for 4 categories in the STEVIE's for Women in Business.
- Janine Popick's blog won Blog of the Year at the STEVIE's for Women in Business.
VerticalResponse, Inc. is a leading provider of self-service email marketing, survey and direct mail services empowering small businesses and non-profit organizations to create, manage and analyze their own direct marketing campaigns. VerticalResponse's flagship product, which allows customers to deliver sophisticated yet easily deployed email campaigns, is the most intuitive and affordable Web-based direct marketing solution available. VerticalResponse is headquartered in San Francisco, California. For additional information, please visit www.verticalresponse.com.