Twitter, Facebook, Ning and Blog Build Customer Base and Inform Product Development
Leading provider of on-demand email marketing, surveys and direct mail for small business continues to attract customers and partners, and build revenue through the downturn
SAN FRANCISCO – May 20, 2009 – VerticalResponse, Inc. (www.verticalresponse.com), a leading provider of on-demand email marketing, online surveys and direct mail solutions, today announced that its combined social media marketing efforts are reaching more than 20,000 people each month – across its customer forum the VerticalResponse Marketing Lounge, powered by Ning; the award-winning VerticalResponse Email Marketing Blog for Small Business; and through Facebook and Twitter. Reinforcing the efforts with its own email marketing products, and keeping track of online sentiment, VerticalResponse is in constant dialogue with its growing customer base, and able to measure in great detail how and from where it is adding new companies to its roster.
“When I first launched VerticalResponse almost 9 years ago, the goal was to bring email marketing to small businesses, to give them an inexpensive, easy-to-use, trackable resource similar to what big businesses were spending tons of money to adopt,” said Janine Popick, CEO and founder of VerticalResponse. “Now, there are tons of emerging platforms that are free and easy and can extend companies’ brands and their dialogue with existing and potential customers. We’re using them ourselves, and have seen what a great impact they’ve had on our business, and love working them into the marketing mix we recommend to our small business customers.”
All of the combined social media efforts bring VerticalResponse closer to its mission of being a one-stop marketing resource for small business. The various platforms encourage customers to share best practices with each other, help crowd source solutions for common problems or challenges, and inform the development team about priorities for the product. As of this release, the company’s penetration of the social space includes:
- More than 5,000 active members of the VR Lounge, with more than 15,000 visits each month
- More than 12,000 monthly visitors to the VerticalResponse blog , with at least two content updates each week
- Nearly 3,000 followers on Twitter of @VR4SmallBiz
- More than 1,000 members/fans on Facebook
Innovative marketing is key to VerticalResponse’s growth and success, which is continually recognized both locally and nationally, including:
- Named Finalist: 2008 & 2009 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards in the "Emerging Growth" category
- Won Stevie® Award for Best Entrepreneur of the Year
- Won 2008 SmallBusinessComputing.com Excellence in Technology Award for Online Marketing
- Named to Deloitte's Technology Fast 500 as one of the fastest growing technology companies in North America as well as Fast 50 in Silicon Valley
- Ranked #1188 on the 2008 Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing Private Companies
- Named Finalist in the 2008 CODiE Awards for Best Communication Solution and Best Corporate Blog
Additional details on VerticalResponse and the company’s many achievements are available at http://www.verticalresponse.com/about/awards.html.
VerticalResponse, Inc. is a leading provider of self-service email marketing and direct mail services empowering businesses of all sizes to create, manage and analyze their own direct marketing campaigns. VerticalResponse’s flagship product, which allows customers to deliver sophisticated yet easily deployed email campaigns, is the most intuitive and affordable Web-based direct marketing solution available. VerticalResponse is headquartered in San Francisco, California. For additional information, please visit www.verticalresponse.com.