Published on December 20th, 2016 | by Tori Tsu0
20 New Year’s Eve and 17 New Year’s Day subject lines
Happy New Year! 新年快乐! Feliz Año Nuevo! !سنة جديدة سعيدة Bonne Année!
Can you believe it? 2016 is nearly at an end and the New Year is upon us. Champagne is chilling, resolutions are being made, and before you know it, it’ll be 2017!
In the spirit of ushering in the new, we took a look at our inboxes (past and present) and picked out some of our favorite email subject lines for the occasion: 20 for New Year’s Eve and 17 for New Year’s. Because let’s be honest, choosing 2,017 subject lines would just be crazy!
Countdown… 3… 2… 1…
Getting ready for the ball drop dominates NYE subject lines. And don’t forget the power of emojis! Use this last email of the year to drum up last-minute revenue, offer special sales, or simply wish your readers a Happy New Year:
- One day left: NYE reservations | OpenTable
- Happy New Years Eve: The Top 15 from 2015! ? | GrubMarket
- COUNTDOWN: $10 Coupon + 40% off all Meat, Olives, Fish, Caviar and Crackers | World Market Explorer
- When the clock strikes 12… | Uber
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve with Free Shipping on ALL Orders! | Pottery Barn
- The Best Cookbooks (and Finger Foods) of 2015 | Epicurious
- End 2015 with a WIN | Yahoo Sports
- Hold on to these at midnight | Snowe
- Last Chance: Win a $500 Gift Card by Voting for T+L’s Destination of the Year! | Travel + Leisure
- ENDS THURSDAY: Find NYE Looks for $20.16 | Rent the Runway
- ⭐️ New Year Countdown! Save 16% Until The Ball Drops ⭐️ | LivingSocial
- 3, 2, 1, Guess What? | uforia studios
- Skip the Auld Lang SIGH | Jonathan Adler
- Start counting down to dressing up! | Nordstrom
- The Procrastinator’s Guide to NYE | 7×7
- Countdown to Chic | Etsy
- It’s the Best of the Rest of 2015 | Wakefield National
- It’s been quite a year! Just look at what you helped us accomplish. | Casper
- Wishing you a very happy New Year | Crate and Barrel
- Give by midnight to double your gift | SF-Marin Food Bank
Happy New Year!
“New Year, new you” dominates emails after January 1. Whether your business focuses on retail, fitness, hospitality, or services, there’s an opportunity for everyone to take advantage of a seasonal pun.
- Happy New Year! Shop resolution-ready favorites for less | Wayfair
- Your post-NYE recovery plan | Tasting Table
- Joshua Tree Yoga Retreat ? A New Year, A New You | Yoga Lately
- Conquer Your Cooking Resolutions Next Year | Panna
- Start the year by learning something new | Coursera
- ? NYE 2016 Giveaways: The Flaming Lips, Chet Faker, Flying Lotus, Girl Talk… | DotheBay
- Out with the old and in with the new year | Zipcar
- Start Your New Year Off at The Pad | New Year’s Day Workshop, Detoxes, & REBOOT’s back! | The Pad Studios
- New Year. New Styles. | Everlane
- Hungover? 13+ Cures From Around the World | Travel + Leisure
- New Year. New Socks. Only in the Pop Shop. | Pop Physique
- ? Happy New Year | Banana Republic
- 15 Satisfying, Healthy Recover Recipes | Food & Wine
- Bright New Year | Move Loot
- New Year Resolution: Hydrate! 20% Off SodaStream + EXTRA 20% Off CLEARANCE | Williams-Sonoma
- Happy New Year ?! $12 activewear pants today: cardholders, get a running start on your resolutions | Old Navy
- Welcome the New Year with New Shoes, Of Course | Barneys New York
Christmas and Hanukkah are just five days away — don’t forget to start setting up your New Year’s email campaigns too!
Ready to send your New Year’s email campaigns?
VerticalResponse is easy to use and free to get started. Sign up and send up to 4,000 emails per month for free.
© 2016 – 2017, Tori Tsu. All rights reserved.