Published on November 10th, 2016 | by Tori Tsu0
An Email Feast: 40 Thanksgiving Subject Lines Your Customers Will Gobble Up
The trick-or-treaters have come and gone, skeletons are back in the closet, and Halloween is officially behind us. Overnight, twinkly lights have gone up, carols and jingles are playing in every shopping mall, and you can’t ignore the giant tree in the town square. It would seem the December holidays are upon us. But wait! What about Thanksgiving?
Between Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and even Small Business Saturday and Giving Tuesday, Thanksgiving can often be overlooked. After all, your consumers are likely busy feasting, watching football, and slipping into tryptophan-induced food-comas. Right? Well, not exactly. Your customers might be house-bound, but in 2015, consumers spent $1.73 billion online on Thanksgiving Day, a 25 percent increase year-over-year.
We hope you get to take the day off and spend Thanksgiving with your family and friends — but not before you set up some delectable email campaigns to remind your subscribers what your business has to offer this holiday season. We collected some of our favorite email subject lines to send before, during, and after Thanksgiving.
- 14 Delicious Ways to Eat Thanksgiving Leftovers — The Dish from Food & Wine
- We’re thankful for you! — Doughbies
- Tomorrow: Turkey Banh Mi — Good Eggs
- Let us show our thanks — Nordstrom
- Thanksgiving – thanks to everyone for helping to make SF better — Nextdoor San Francisco
- Happy Thanksgiving + Black Friday Preview! — GrubMarket
- Start Thanksgiving with the Silicon Valley Turkey Trot — KQED
- Giving Thanks — Move Loot
- A Thanksgiving Gift for You: 20% Off + Free Shipping on the item of your choice — Pottery Barn
- TDM Update | Thanksgiving | Black Friday Sale | Holiday Specials — The Dailey Method
- Happy Thanksgiving! Special Savings Inside Just for You — Williams-Sonoma
- TT | It’s Thanksgiving go time — Tasting Table
- Enjoy 40% Off: A Happy Thanksgiving, Indeed — Barneys New York
- Have the happiest Thanksgiving (plus, 30% off your purchase & lots of gift ideas) – J.Crew
- Happy Turkey Day! The BIGGEST Black Friday doorbusters start NOW online — Old Navy
- Gobble Up These Laughs — JibJab
- Your Holiday Parties Need These Festive Cocktails — Liquor.com
- From Us To You: Happy Thanksgiving! Plus: Enjoy 20% Savings — LivingSocial
- Start A New Thanksgiving Traditions + A Home for the #PAWLIDAYS — Zappos
- How to temp your turkey with confidence — Panna
- The perfect Thanksgiving outfit — LOFT
- GOBBLE. THIS. UP. 50% off ALL Thanksgiving Essentials +$10 coupon — World Market
- Happy Thanksgiving! — Body Temp Yoga
- The Perfect Thanksgiving: Coming to a restaurant near you — OpenTable
- Designing a Beautiful Thanksgiving — Homepolish
- Turkey Burn Class & Discount — CORE40
- Give thanks with Farmgirl Flowers – now 10% off! — Farmgirl Flowers
- The Best Vegetarian Thanksgiving Main — Epicurious
- Friendsgiving — 18 Reasons
- Place Your Order By Tonight + Thanksgiving Deals — GrubMarket
- Get Your Turkey Orders In Now! — Local Mission Market
- Last Change for FREE Thanksgiving Delivery! — CHEFS
- A Thanksgiving we’ll never forget — Anthropologie
- Where to Buy Your Thanksgiving Turkey — 7×7
- Celebrate a GMO-free Thanksgiving! — Real Food Company
- Devour this Decor: Thanksgiving Table Accents You Need — Wayfair
- How to stay healthy and fit this Thanksgiving — Aetna
- 20% off — early bird gets the sale — Jonathan Adler
- Thanksgiving Dinner Has Never Been Easier — Munchery
- November Treats and Thanksgiving Ideas — Ferry Building Marketplace
Whether you’re offering a promotion, ramping up for the retail weekend, or just saying “thank you,” Thanksgiving emails are a great opportunity to connect with your customers and celebrate the season.
Don’t Have a VerticalResponse Account Yet?
It’s easy to use and free to get started. Sign up and send up to 4,000 emails per month for free.
© 2016, Tori Tsu. All rights reserved.