Published on February 9th, 2012 | by Kim Stiglitz0
Emails We Love – Just in Time for Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and our inboxes are heating up with plenty of love-fueled messages touting everything from wine, to chocolate, massages and cards (yes please to all of the above!). Big Insight projects spending to rise nearly 9% over last year to reach $17.6 billion. With that much cash on the line, everyone is vying for a piece of your heart and your wallet.
I perused my own inbox for a few of my favorites based on using email best practices and thought I’d share the love.
Starting at the top with some standout subject lines:
- Hurry, Cupid’s Counting Down! Send a Special Greeting Card
- Show your files some love
- For love or money?
- Valentine’s Day gifts for your one and only.
- Free Shipping On Last Minute Valentine’s Day Gifts
- You’ll ❤ Key Pieces for the Season
- We’ve got a crush (or two). How about you?
- Make Valentine’s Day Oh-So-Dreamy! Plus, Get $15 Off $100
- Ten Ways to Say “I Love You”
- The clock is ticking! Send Rebecca a Valentine’s Day bouquet from just $29.99
- Cupid’s Here with Wine, Chocolates & $0 Shipping
- Who’s the object of our fashion affection this month?
- Here’s 50% off for Valentine’s Day. Go on, take it. Nobody’s watching…
- Will You Be Our Valentine? Sweepstakes, News, & More To Show Our LUV
- The Perfect Couple: NOOK and a Free $25 Gift Card
- New ♥ PDF Pattern & Made with #%*!?
- Last Chance to Get the Look You Love Before V-Day
Of course, I am always a sucker for cute creative this time of year and these had me swooning:
Invino was totally brand aware with their cork heart!
Next up is Southwest Airlines who used the classic conversation hearts to start a Valentine’s Day conversation with their subscribers:
Next is Uncommon Goods who delivered the good with their top ten gift list:
And, showing the B2B companies can get into the Valentine’s spirit, this example from YouSendIt.com:
How will you share the love this Valentine’s Day and get a piece of that $17.6 billion?
© 2012, VerticalResponse Blog. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.