Published on November 16th, 2009 | by Janine Popick3
29 Great B2B Subject Lines
With a business-to-business offering, you might be trying to get your customers to sign up for a free trial, get them to an event, a webinar or give them information on how to be better at something or use your products or services better. Here are a few examples of some great B2B subject lines I dug up that you can test out for your business today.
- How to Leverage [your product] in Your Business
- Save Money and Look Like a Star to Your Boss
- How to Impress Your Cranky CFO – Save $1000
- Increase Your ROI by [xx]%, Guaranteed
- How to make it onto your buyer’s short list
- Complimentary Webinar: [insert webinar name]
- Now you can do even more with your [xxxx]
- Should your company outsource [insert thing to outsource here]?
- Breakfast & Secrets for How to [insert problem you solve or product you sell]
- Success Tip: 5 Ways to a Better [xxxx]
- Register Today: [inert name of event] Nov. 5 2009
- Entry deadline fast approaching
- New White Paper: Best Practices for [Insert problem and solution here]
- Success Tip #1: [Insert Tip Headline Here]
- A gift employees and clients will love: [Insert gift name here]
- Extended for a Day: Get Free Shipping Through Friday
- Your Weekly Alert: [insert topic here]
- Hear Exclusive Research Presented on [insert what your event is about] – Register Now!
- Inside: [hot topic in your newsletter you think will get the most opens]
- 5 Ways to Maximize Holiday Sales
- Save $200: [insert event here] Early Bird Registration Ends [insert date here]
Specific ones I think are good and why:
- Marketing on a Tight Budget – Part 1 – Hits a pain point and makes it seem like there is even more information to help me, on its way.
- Countdown to the Awards Gala: Reason #5 to Attend – This company did a series of 7 email campaigns in a row, to get people excited.
- The Venture Capitalist Industry Isn’t Broken: VatorNewsletter – Here they started with the hot topic in the front of the subject line and it was somewhat controversial.
- Secure Your SaaS Application (White paper Included) – I like that they tell you there is something tangible in it for you right in the subject line.
- Cognos Training: 50% Discount – Year-End Budget – I LOVE the way they use Year End Budget because in many companies if you don’t spend the budget you have this year, you won’t get it again next year. This also works well with “Quarter-End Budget”
- Thank You From Dice – This was just a nice thank you for your business with a huge discount to get customers coming back.
- Get a $30 Gift Card for 30 Minutes of Your Time – It was to take a demo of a new product.
- Frustrated with Graphics in Microsoft Office? – This company sells a product to make it all better and they got to a real pain point for people.
Subject lines are so important since it’s the reason your recipients are going to look to that to decide if they want to open your email. If you’ve got some B2B subject lines that have worked for you in the past, comment on the post, we’d love to know them.
© 2009 – 2012, Janine Popick. All rights reserved.