Published on November 7th, 2006 | by Janine Popick3
Top 10 Tips on Sprucing Up Your Email Content – As Told by Don Corleone
Hey listen up. Ignore these tips about your forthcoming email content…at your own peril.
- Shorten the Subject, take the canolis! – Hey! Those email readers cut off the subject lines at 40-50 characters, whattayadoin puttin’ your jewels at the end?
- Only using images? – Just fuggetabout it. Don’t waste your time emailing. Your email is gonna wind up right in the trash, just like our late friend Johnny.
- Keep it clean – Now I have been trying to be "clean" for years, but this is not what I am talking about. I’m talking about using black type on a white background. Easy on the eyes.
- Use a table of contents for your newsletter – Tell ‘em what their gonna get, before they open the door, know what I mean? NO ONE likes surprises…
- Make them an offer they don’t refuse – Do I need to say any more?
- Keep paragraphs short – Life is short (some shorter than others, but that is not the fault of the Don). People don’t have time to read long emails.
- Use bullets – Did I say bullet? Just make sure your copy is easy to read, bulletized and bullet-proof (unlike Sonny), if ya know what I mean.
- Include links before the scroll – Not including links above the fold, is like the Corleone family not having a pot of sauce cooking on the stove. Links are just necessary.
- Cut your copy in half, leave it for a bit then cut it again! – I think this may have happened to … nevermind.
- Talk to your recipients, do not bore them. Even the Don don’t like to read something uninteresting. There’s a lot of clutter out there, break through (just don’t break heads).
© 2006, VR Marketing Blog. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.