Published on October 1st, 2008 | by Janine Popick1
How To Test a Subject Line in 3 Easy Steps
I know, I hear it all the time, you barely have enough time to do one email campaign let alone two!! But what if I told you it would take no more than 10 extra minutes of your time to test your subject line to two of the same campaigns to see what performs best. The benefit for you? You could have even more people opening your future email marketing campaigns. There’s no better time to prepare for the holiday season than right now. Here’s how you do it.
Step 1 – Split Your List in Two If you have your two lists already simply upload them to your account separately. If you need to split one you already have:
- In your VR Home Tab find the Segment Widget. Click the icon to the right of Segments.
- Name your segment, click Save.
- Keep the Segment List Members choice, click Save.
- Select your list, click Done then click Save and Get Results.
- On the Preview screen click Save.
- On your final screen click Multiple Lists fill in 2 for number of lists, allocate by Percent. Then name your two new lists and click Create Lists.
Nothing will happen to your original list and you’ve now got two new ones!
Step 2 – Copy Your Campaign
In your VR Home Tab go to the campaign you want to make a copy of, in Actions click Copy, and rename your new test campaign.
Step 3 – Edit Your Subject Line
Edit your newly copied campaign and simply input your new subject line. Then choose the lists you want to mail to for each and launch. It’s that simple. Happy testing!
© 2008 – 2013, VR Marketing Blog. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.