Published on April 8th, 2015 | by Jill Bastian0
New Feature: Improved Contact Search for Email Lists
Locating an address or contact in your email lists is a key part of managing your lists. You need to be able to easily change the list an email address is on, unbounce or unsubscribe an address, or even delete an address from the list altogether. Not only can you easily find an address or person on your email list, you can now reset a bounce or unsubscribe someone anytime you need to.
If an email address has bounced, most likely it’s bounced because it’s a bad address. There could be a typo, the address is no longer in use, or there may be a filter that’s blocking it from being delivered. Resetting a bounced address doesn’t guarantee that you’ll be able to reach the inbox, but you’ll be able to try again and see if the issue was temporary.
To reset a bounced address:
- Search for the address in the Search box at the top right of your VerticalResponse account.
- Enter the email address or person’s name and hit Search; the contact will come up in a flash.
- Then click the box to the left of the record and the Unbounce button at the bottom of the page and we’ll reset it for you.
We’ll take care of unsubscribing people from your lists if they click the unsubscribe link in your email, or hit reply and add Unsubscribe in the subject line. Sometimes people forget to click the link, or they aren’t sure it will work, and instead reach out to you instead.
To unsubscribe an address:
- Use the Search box in the top right, enter the email address or persons name and hit Search.
- We’ll pull up the record, click the box to the left and the Unsubscribe button at the bottom of the page.
If you need to delete an address, follow the same steps for searching, then once the address is located, select the box to the left and then click Delete at the bottom of the page.
Keeping your email list clean is important; after all, it’s the connection to your subscribers. We’ve made some basic maintenance easier for you by adding these new features. Now that managing your email list is even easier, check out how to keep on growing your lists with our helpful guide. Take a look at the new features in your VerticalResponse account today (these features apply to the new VerticalResponse) and let us know what you think in the comments below.
© 2015, Jill Bastian. All rights reserved.