Ever wonder what we do with your feedback? We love hearing about how you use VerticalResponse, and what else you’d like to be able to do with our product. So, we take your feedback, put it together, and chat with our engineers and product designers about how we can implement features to help you achieve your goals.
Based on your recent feedback, we’ve added sign up form functionality to the new VerticalResponse. In addition to uploading lists from your computer or VR integrations you use, now you can use Sign up forms help you grow your list and expand your email marketing. Sign up forms give you an easy way to collect high-quality, opted-in email addresses for the mailing list(s) in your VR account.
So, what requests did we implement?
- Web hosted sign up forms. You create a sign up form in your VR account in just a few clicks. We host your form on a landing page (for free) and automatically add the email addresses to your list.
- Custom sign up form URLs. Encourage people to sign up for your mailing list on your website or Facebook and Twitter pages. We’ll give you a customized link to your page to share anywhere. Put it on your business cards so people can sign up later!
- Lead collection. Use your sign up form as a lead collection tool. When you create a sign up form, you tell us which mailing list the email address should be added to. Create a “Leads” list in VR so you can follow up with website visitors who want specific info.
- Templates. You put a lot of thought into what your emails look like, and you want your sign up forms to look just as good. We’ve created sign up form templates that match the email templates found in VR. We’ve also thrown in a few extra designs, or you can customize font colors to match your branding.
- Thank you pages. Just like with the form itself, we’ll help you create a thank you page and host it for you. This is a great place to tell your new subscribers when then can expect to hear from you!
- Responsive designs. We know that your customers and potential customers are on-the-go and often rely on their smartphones or tablets. All of our sign up forms will look great no matter the screen size. This is called responsive design, and our email templates are responsive, too.
Keeping a clean, healthy list is very important. To stay on the safe side of anti-spam laws, including Canada’s new anti-spam legislation, all addresses collected via a sign up form require a double opt in. Don’t worry – we take care of that for you! Here’s how it works: someone enters their email address on your sign up form and submits it. VR then sends a confirmation email to that address with a link that must be clicked. Only after the link is clicked will the email address be mailable through your account. At this point, the new subscriber will also be able to subscribe to any public mailing lists you have.
Best of all, sign up pages are free with your VR account.
Need a refresher course on sign up forms? Check out our recent blog post.
Log in and give sign up forms a spin. Let us know what you think!