Published on November 17th, 2006 | by Janine Popick2
5 Quick Tips on Upselling Your Products
Do you have products or service you can upsell to your existing customers? Are you upselling them as good as you can? Sometimes we’re all too busy to think about upselling different products or services we have. We’ve come up with some ideas on different ways to upsell products or services using email marketing as well as some other mediums.
1. Upsell them in an outbound email - Every so often, either monthly or quarterly, gather your list to upsell your recipients a product they don’t have, a product they may want, a product they may not know they need.
2. Offer another product during the purchase - If you have sophisticated enough ecommerce software, you’ll be able to upsell a product as soon as someone adds something to their shopping cart. Sometimes you can even offer an upsell earlier than that, after they’ve viewed a product of interest.
3. Telemarket to them – After you know your customer has purchased a product, why not call and thank them for their purchase, and ask if they’d like fries with that shake?
4. Confirmation page offer - After someone has purchased from you, why not offer someone another product on the confirmation page? Make them an offer they can’t refuse.
5. Offer an upsell in confirmation emails – If you’ve got confirmation emails that go out, put in an offer for another product or service you provide.
So that’s it, 5 quick tips. Hopefully you’ll be able to capitalize on a sale when your customers are thinking of buying from you or better yet, making that purchase. (Especially since it’s the holiday season!)
If you’ve got an idea about how you upsell, please, everyone would love to hear it!
© 2006, VR Marketing Blog. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.