Leading provider of on-demand email marketing, surveys and direct mail for small business recognized for outstanding work environment, best practices, culture, and benefits
SAN FRANCISCO – May 4, 2009 – VerticalResponse, Inc. (www.verticalresponse.com), a leading provider of on-demand email marketing, surveys and direct mail solutions, today announced that for the third consecutive year it has been named one of the “100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” for 2009 by The San Jose/Silicon Valley Business Journal, The San Francisco Business Times, and The East Bay Times. The prestigious award ranked VerticalResponse #23 among companies with 50 to 100 employees, and recognized the company for outstanding work environment, best practices, culture, and benefits.
"VerticalResponse is honored to again be recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area. Three years in a row is fantastic!" said Janine Popick, CEO, VerticalResponse. "A great company starts with the culture, and we’ve really focused on making VerticalReponse a place that fosters great ideas, and where employees have the opportunity to make a true impact – on our product and customers, and on the community at large. Our green initiatives are really making a difference around the office, and our non-profit program has sent more than 25 million free emails. We want our employees to not only like coming to work, but to also be proud of VerticalResponse, and it seems like we’re doing a good job."
The annual list is a joint project by the San Francisco Business Times, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal and East Bay Business Times. The rankings were divided into five categories based on company size in the Bay Area for equitable comparison. The categories are: 25 to 50 employees; 51 to 100 employees; 101 to 500 employees; 501 to 1,500; and companies with more than 1,500 employees. Winning companies were evaluated based on employee responses to a satisfaction survey on a range of topics including work culture, management practices and benefits. The answers from the VerticalResponse employees were overwhelmingly positive.
This latest recognition joins the growing list of VerticalResponse’s awards and accolades over the past year, which has most recently included:
- Stevie Award for Best Entrepreneur of the Year in 2008
- Named Finalist: 2008 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards in the "Emerging Growth" category
- DNCC Names VerticalResponse Official Subscription E-Mail Provider For 2008 Democratic National Convention
- Named to Deloitte's Technology Fast 500 as one of the fastest growing technology companies in North America as well as Fast 50 in Silicon Valley
- Won 2008 Web Marketing Award for Outstanding Achievement in Website Development, and received a Small Business Standard of Excellence Award
- Ranked #1188 on the 2008 Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing Private Companies
- Ranked #22 on the 2008 San Francisco Business Times' list of Best Places to Work in the Bay Area
- Named Finalist in the 2008 CODiE Awards for Best Communication Solution and Best Corporate Blog
Additional details on VerticalResponse and the company’s many achievements are available at /about/awards.html.
VerticalResponse, Inc. is a leading provider of self-service email marketing and direct mail services empowering businesses of all sizes to create, manage and analyze their own direct marketing campaigns. VerticalResponse’s flagship product, which allows customers to deliver sophisticated yet easily deployed email campaigns, is the most intuitive and affordable Web-based direct marketing solution available. VerticalResponse is headquartered in San Francisco, California. For additional information, please visit www.verticalresponse.com.