Award Winners Revealed at Gala Event on June 29, 2007
SAN FRANCISCO, May 10, 2007 – Ernst & Young LLP today announced the finalists for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year(R) 2007 award in Northern California. This year's 33 finalists were selected from over 80 nominations by an independent judging panel composed of area business, academic and civic leaders. Award winners will be announced at a gala event on June 29, 2007 at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco.
“These finalists exemplify the outstanding business talent present in our community," said Rick Fezell, Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year program director for the Northern California region. "We are proud to honor them as leaders who nurture economic growth, innovation and the American dream.”
The Northern California finalists for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2007 award are:
- Emory V. Anderson, President & CEO, Adeza Biomedical Corporation
- Leslie Blodgett, CEO, Bare Escentuals, Inc.
- Dean Drako, Co-founder, President & CEO, Barracuda Networks, Inc.
- Zach Levow, Co-founder & CTO, Barracuda Networks, Inc.
- Michael Perone, Co-founder, Executive Vice President & CMO, Barracuda Networks, Inc.
- Jon Fisher, CEO, Bharosa, Inc.
- Amir Bassan-Eskenazi, CEO, President & Co-founder, BigBand Networks, Inc.
- Ran Oz, CTO, Executive Vice President & Co-founder, BigBand Networks, Inc.
- Tom Oliver, CEO & President, CoolSystems, Inc.
- Joseph Marino, CEO, DC Power Systems, Inc.
- Cynthia A. Liu, President, Engineering/Remediation Resources Group, Inc.
- Kirk Loevner, Chairman & CEO, Epocrates, Inc.
- Jeffrey Tangney, Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Epocrates, Inc.
- Jerry S. Rawls, Chairman, President & CEO, Finisar Corporation
- Marc Randall, President & CEO, Force10 Networks, Inc.
- Jason Araghi, Co-founder & President, Green Beans Coffee Company
- Jon Araghi, Co-founder & Vice President, Green Beans Coffee Company
- Matthew K. McCauley, Chairman & CEO, The Gymboree Corporation
- Robert A. Steinkrauss, Chairman, President & CEO, Ingrian Networks, Inc.
- Devendra Shukla, President, Innovative Technical Solutions, Inc.
- Richard Boyle, Chairman, CEO & President, LoopNet, Inc.
- Zach Nelson, President & CEO, NetSuite, Inc.
- George Macricostas, CEO & Vice Chairman, RagingWire Enterprise Solutions, Inc.
- Yatish Mishra, President & CTO, RagingWire Enterprise Solutions, Inc.
- Harold M. Messmer, Jr., Chairman & CEO, Robert Half International, Inc.
- Roland Strick, Jr., Vice President, Service by Medallion
- Thomas H. Werner, CEO, SunPower Corporation
- John S. Chen, Chairman, President & CEO, Sybase, Inc.
- Ali Jenab, President & CEO, VA Software Corporation
- Douglas G. Bergeron, Chairman & CEO, VeriFone, Inc.
- Janine Popick, President, CEO & Founder, VerticalResponse, Inc.
- Scott Huennekens, President & CEO, Volcano Corporation
- Miguel Galarza, President, Yerba Buena Engineering & Construction, Inc.
Northern California award winners will be eligible for consideration for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2007 national program. Winners in several national categories, as well as the overall national Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California on November 17, 2007.
The Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year awards program celebrates its 21st anniversary this year and continues to recognize the leaders and visionaries who are creating and building world-class businesses. Awards are given to entrepreneurs who have demonstrated excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance, and personal commitment to their businesses and communities.
Sponsors Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are pleased to have Bank of America as the national presenting sponsor, as well as SAP America and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation as national sponsors.
Northern California, local sponsors include NYSE Group, Inc., Scherzer International, SHIFT Communications, LLC and The Big Picture.
To make reservations for the awards banquet on June 29, 2007, contact Cheri Devlin of Ernst & Young at (415) 894-8037 or firstname.lastname@example.org by June 22, 2007. Tickets are $225.00 per person. For more information about the awards program, visit https://www.ey.com/us/eoy.
About the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards
The Entrepreneur Of The Year(R) awards program was created and is produced by professional services firm Ernst & Young LLP. As the first award of its kind, the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year(R) Award recognizes outstanding entrepreneurs who are building and leading dynamic and growing businesses. The program, which celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2006, honors entrepreneurs through regional, national and global award programs in over 125 cities and 40 countries.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young, a global leader in professional services, is committed to enhancing the public's trust in professional services firms and in the quality of financial reporting. Its 114,000 people in 140 countries pursue the highest levels of integrity, quality, and professionalism in providing a range of sophisticated services centered on our core competencies of auditing, accounting, tax, and transactions. Further information about Ernst & Young and its approach to a variety of business issues can be found at https://www.ey.com/perspectives. Ernst & Young refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, a U.K. company limited by guarantee, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited does not provide services to clients. Ernst & Young LLP is a U.S. client-serving member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited.
SOURCE Ernst & Young LLP