Recessions Require Marketing for Revenue; Powerful New Tracking & Reporting Tools Let Small Businesses Dig Deep into Data to Optimize Shrinking Budgets
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – February 3, 2009 – VerticalResponse Inc., the leading provider of self-service email marketing and direct mail solutions, today released a series of new tracking and reporting tools. Easy-to-view graphs and charts give the small businesses and nonprofits that rely on VerticalResponse the ability to see the success of various campaigns in a quick dashboard view or to dive deep into their data. The new features let small businesses refine campaigns and lists, which ensures that each marketing dollar is well-spent.
"When the economy is bad, a business’s instinct might be to cut marketing spend, but then they’re hurting sales, stunting growth and otherwise limiting revenue streams. However, as a small business, we understand that every single marketing dollar has to be accounted for, especially when money is tight," said Janine Popick, CEO of VerticalResponse. "With this new level of analytics, customers can determine what is working and what's not, so they can make sure they’re sending out the most effective emails to customers– and eliminating unnecessary spending."
VerticalResponse’s new features help marketers analyze each aspect of various campaigns. Customers can get a view into which lists are most productive, which links generate the most traffic, how subject lines perform – and can easily share their findings with their teams. A close look at how frequency impacts the success of a campaign lets small businesses know for sure which payment option they should choose to get the best return on investment (ROI). For example, the pay-as-you-go pricing structure works best for less frequent mailing, while the new, low-priced pay-per-month structure allows unlimited email for those who find mailing their lists more often works best. New features include:
Reporting Dashboard provides a quick executive summary in a single view, accessible from anywhere. In a few minutes, marketers and executives can see:
- Overall Performance –Opens, Clicks, Bounces and Unsubscribes are shown both in numbers and percentages, along with Forwards, Conversions, Sales and Non-Responders.
- Top Performing Lists – For campaigns with multiple mailing lists, the dashboard provides a view of response rates for each individual list to see how they performed.
- Top Performing Links – The top five most clicked links from each email are listed in the dashboard, while Detailed Reporting (details below) expands on the data.
- Recent Email Comparisons – This feature gives historical record of campaigns, granting an easy view of campaign trends that may increase response rates.
- Printable Dashboard – Response data can now be printed and shared with co-workers, colleagues or clients.
Detailed Reports let marketers drill down into each campaign to analyze what’s driving the statistics highlighted on the Campaign Dashboard. The levels of analysis include:
- Click-Through Performance – Customers have always enjoyed viewing the total number of clicks and click-through percentages for all the links within an email. Users now can filter this data to display by HTML, Text, and total clicks vs. unique clicks for a simple way to see which links are working.
- Compare Campaigns –Users can now choose up to five sent campaigns from any time period and evaluate the performance – with data viewed over a specific period of time (i.e. first 24 hours) or in summary totals for Opens, Clicks, Bounces and Unsubscribes.
VerticalResponse customers still have access to existing tracking features such as Domain Tracking, a Download Center for easy downloads of their data as well as tracking 'after the click' features such as Click to Conversion Tracking, Return on Investment (ROI) Tracking and tracking using the Google Analytics Integration.
In the past couple of years, VerticalResponse has shifted its development platform to allow greater flexibility and quicker turnaround, and as a result have added dozens of product upgrades a year. This latest release helps VerticalResponse customers to better take advantage of other features recently added, from List Segmentation to Surveys and beyond.
"The better able businesses are to target their emails, the more success they’ll have," said Popick. "These new and enhanced features make it easy for marketers at any level of experience to get a precise picture of exactly who their customer is, and how they best respond."
VerticalResponse, Inc. is a leading provider of self-service email marketing and direct mail services empowering businesses of all sizes to create, manage and analyze their own direct marketing campaigns. VerticalResponse’s flagship product, which allows customers to deliver sophisticated yet easily deployed email campaigns, is the most intuitive and affordable Web-based direct marketing solution available. VerticalResponse is headquartered in San Francisco, California. For additional information, please visit www.verticalresponse.com.