Fastest Growing Email Marketing Company is Recognized for Outstanding Work Environment and Benefits for Growing Number of Employees
SAN FRANCISCO, CA –May 2, 2008 – VerticalResponse, the leading provider of self-service email marketing and direct mail solutions, today announced that they were ranked #22 on the San Francisco Business Times annual list of “Best Places to Work” 2008. The prestigious award recognizes VerticalResponse’s excellent work environment, benefits and management for the second year in a row. VerticalResponse grew from 31 to 50 employees in 2007.
“We’re honored that VerticalResponse has been recognized as an outstanding place to work again this year,” said Janine Popick, CEO of VerticalResponse. “In the past year, we have experienced rapid growth in customers and employees – and we’ve maintained the exceptional work environment that has really set us apart from the beginning. We value our employees and strive to create the best environment for them to meet their professional goals. It is because of our dedicated group of employees that VerticalResponse is able to grow our customer base through product upgrades and excellent service.”
Every year, The San Francisco Business Times’ “Best Places to Work” selects the top 100 companies to work for in the San Francisco Bay Area. VerticalResponse ranked 22 out of 25 in the category recognizing businesses that employ 25-50 employees. The ranking is based entirely on responses to an online employee satisfaction survey, which polls at least 50% of employees of each company, with size of the company being the only company grouping differentiator.
The goal of The San Francisco Times in evaluating the “Best Places to Work” is to recognize companies that promote positive working environments. The results of the survey were based entirely on employee satisfaction. Employees in the companies took an online multiple choice questionnaire that tabulated their level of satisfaction with their jobs, their confidence in the future prospects of the company, trust in co-workers, manager effectiveness, work engagement, compensation and whether they felt valued in the company. The answers from the VerticalResponse employees were resoundingly positive.
This latest recognition joins the growing list of VerticalResponse’s accomplishments over the past year, which includes:
- Named finalist in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year of Northern California
- Named finalist in 2008 CODiE Awards for Best Communication Solution and Best Corporate Blog
- Winner of 2008 SmallBusinessComputing.com Excellence in Technology Award for Online Marketing
- Ranked #22 on the 2007 San Francisco Business Times List of "Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the Bay Area"
- Ranked #4 on the 2007 San Francisco Business Times' list of Best Places to Work in the Bay Area
- Winner of the Web Marketing Association 2007 award for outstanding achievement in website development
- Ranked #1113 on the 2007 Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing Companies
- Won Stevie® Award for Fastest Growing Company of the Year in the 4th Annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business and Named as Finalist in Four Other Categories
- Named finalist for the 2007 ClickZ Marketing Excellence Awards for Innovation in Email for the past decade
- Won Stevie® for Best Overall Company – up to 100 Employees by the American Business Awards, and nominated as finalist in five other categories
- Ranked Number 254 Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2007 Technology Fast 500 and Number 21 on the Silicon Valley Technology Fast 50
In addition, VerticalResponse has recently introduced a highly anticipated Survey Product, which provides easily-measured, highly-targeted survey data for small businesses to further personalize communication and create a two-way dialogue with their customers. VerticalResponse for AppExchange is currently the most popular of hundreds of third–party applications now available on the salesforce.com AppExchange, the world’s first on-demand directory and sharing service, found at https://www.salesforce.com/appexchange.
VerticalResponse, Inc. is a leading provider of self-service email marketing and direct mail services empowering small businesses and non profit organizations to create, manage and analyze their own direct marketing campaigns. VerticalResponse’s flagship product, which allows customers to deliver sophisticated yet easily deployed email campaigns, is the most intuitive and affordable Web-based direct marketing solution available. VerticalResponse is headquartered in San Francisco, California. For additional information, please visit www.verticalresponse.com.