Published on September 29th, 2006 | by Contributing Author13
Marketing Ideas for Salons
I was talking to a hair salon owner here in San Francisco about how a salon goes about getting new customers and retaining existing ones. Wow, did I get some good ideas about marketing and selling for salon owners. Do you need some ideas for your email marketing campaigns? Check out the ones below, I think they’re pretty creative.
FREE is Good
For the most part there are many things that you charge for that have pretty high margins. Consider giving these products or services away for free with a higher-priced service.
- For hair salons highlights can be expensive, why not give away something of lesser value for free, like a conditioner?
- For nail salons, what about a free manicure with a pedicure? – Do you have a time during the day when you’re slow? Get people in the door with a free offer.
- Free product with a treatment – The margins on products are usually great and chances are you can afford to give away something small for free.
Getting NEW Customers
- The shared restroom – Are you in a building where you share a restroom with other businesses? Why not put a coupon or a sign there so visitors know you’re there and could potentially kill “two birds” with one stone next time.
- Customer trade – Do you do hair or nails for someone who works at a local magazine, newspaper or other advertising venue? Give them free treatments in exchange for advertising.
- Friend get a friend – Offer a free color, cut or manicure when you bring a friend OR bring a friend and the friend gets it free.
- Punch cards – Give your customers a card and each time they get a treatment they get a punch in their card. On the 10th punch they get a free treatment. One last idea, keep their cards for them so that they don’t have to remember to bring them.
- Birthday promotions – Free treatment on your customer’s birthday. Email them on their birthday week.
Need More Stylists?
- See some fabulous hair on the street? Ask them who styled it, call them and invite them in!
Get Your Information Digital Now!
- Take all of your cards you have customer information written down on and put them into an information manager. Quickbooks and Filemaker are very easy to use and affordable!
Do you own or work at a salon? Are you doing some creative things with marketing AND email marketing? Chime in with some more ideas!
© 2006 – 2012, Contributing Author. All rights reserved.