Small Business Saturday is November 26, the day after Black Friday and right before Cyber Monday, and it was created by American Express. They’re asking millions of Americans to shop at their favorite local stores and help fuel the economy, and we couldn’t agree more! But you need to hurry, because it’s right around the corner.I uncovered some pretty nice numbers about the promotion last year. According to American Express OPEN:
- An estimated 200,000 U.S. customers shopped at independent stores as part of the first-ever “Small Business Saturday.”
- 27 percent of small retailers that accept American Express cards saw an increase in sales in 2010 compared with the Saturday after Thanksgiving in 2009.
- 30,000 Tweets were sent using the hashtags #SmallBusinessSaturday and #SmallBizSaturday.
- 100,000 small-business owners downloaded point-of-purchase and promotional materials from the event’s Facebook page.
- 1.2 million people joined the movement by “liking” Small Business Saturday on Facebook, and it’s over 2.2 million now.
- Head to the Small Business Saturday site now and check out what it’s all about.
- Get on over to their Facebook Page, where you can get in-store signage and postersto print out, FREE.
- If your customers register their AMEX card and they spend more than $25 with you, they get a $25 credit. How’s that for a great deal? FREE MONEY!
- Try out Facebook advertising. You get $100 worth of Facebook ads to drive people to your biz.
- Send an email marketing campaign to your customers letting them know about Small Business Saturday. Give them an offer they can’t refuse, then tell them it’s practically FREE because they’ll get a $25 credit if they register their cards and use it for your great offer! Use the nifty VerticalResponse email marketing templates to do it! We created them just for this special day.
- Post your email marketing campaign to Facebook and Twitter, and include the hashtag #SmallBizSaturday.
© 2011 – 2018, Contributing Author. All rights reserved.