Many of us have considered using live video in our emails to engage our readers in a unique way. In the presentation titled, Video Email: When, Why, and How, the Email Experience Council (EEC) offers an impressive list of statistics making the case for video in email even more compelling.
Some of the highlights include:
- 86% of Americans (180 million) viewed online video in August 2011, which was a 26% increase from 2010.
- By 2014, video may account for 50% of web traffic.
- According to Forrester, click-through rates (CTR) in an email with video increase by as much as 2-3 times.
- Even before viewing the video, merely starting the subject line with ‘Video:’ can double the CTR.
- Meanwhile, inside the email, video brings the CTR up to 67% higher than an average campaign.
Not sure how to start including videos that play within your emails? You’re not alone. Video in email is still a relatively new concept for marketers to wrap their heads around. It’s not that we can’t see how effective it can be, it’s just that the implementation can be somewhat baffling considering the vast majority of email platforms today don’t really support rich-media marketing emails, like video emails.
Luckily, the technology to easily enable live video in email (as well as other rich media) is already here, and our friends over at ActiveMail have a simple solution. With a quick download you can enjoy rich, interactive content (e.g. animated images, live video, etc.) without ever leaving your inbox and offer your own customers engaging content right from within your email. Currently, ActiveMail supports Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail, and Outlook. To learn more and jump into the world of interactive emails check them out here.
© 2012, Contributing Author. All rights reserved.