Published on March 20th, 2013 | by Contributing Author1
Want to Advertise Online? Google Grants Gives Back to NonProfits
Do you have a nonprofit organization? Are you looking to find ways to promote your mission and initiatives? Google has a nonprofit edition of Google Adwords (Google’s pay per click advertising platform) called Google Grants. This edition grants nonprofits $330/daily ($10,000 per month) of free advertising on Google.com. Google Grants is available in the US and 30 other countries. In this post we’ll focus on Google Grants for nonprofits in the US.
There are several eligibility requirements to apply for Google Grants:
- Must have a current 501c3 status in the IRS’s online database.
- Government entities, hospitals, health care organizations, schools, childcare centers, academic institutions are NOT eligible for Google for Nonprofits.
- Google has the right to grant/deny an organization at its discretion.
- Grantees are required to be actively managing their Adwords Accounts. Nonprofits are required to be responsive to email requests and login to their account monthly to review performance and make updates.
- Nonprofits must have a website.
- Keywords that you target must be relevant to your organization.
- Nonprofits are not allowed to have revenue generating ads (e.g., Google Adsense) or affiliate advertising links on their website.
- Your ads must link to the URL that is included in the application. You are not allowed to have ads that link to a different domain.
- If your nonprofit promotes products/services on the site, 100% of the sales and/or proceeds must be used to support your program.
- Your ad copy must reflect your organization’s mission.
In addition to the $10,000 a month of free advertising, nonprofits also get free access to a suite of other premium Google products including YouTube for Nonprofits, Google Earth Outreach Grants, and Google Apps for Nonprofits. If you meet these requirements and want to start promoting your nonprofit, sign up for Google Grants!
Want to learn more? Join us for an upcoming webinar on Google Grants, and stay tuned. Do you plan to, or already use Google Grants for your nonprofit? Tell us about it!
© 2013, Contributing Author. All rights reserved.