Published on August 2nd, 2011 | by Contributing Author0
Zappos: A Great Example of Exceeding Expectations
I must say, “I truly love Zappos.” I think their customer service is great, the site is easy to navigate and it’s an all-around super experience. My husband and I are always mesmerized by the Zappos logistics. We can place an order on Sunday night and Monday we’ll have our pretty shoes delivered.
So the last time I ordered a pair of shoes, I got my confirmation email which was expected. But right after that, I got this email:
What a great way to exceed expectations. Especially since these days it seems to be a thing of the past.
So how can your business exceed expectations?
- Ship your products out early
- Stash some extra goodies in your shipments
- Get a customer in or out before they expect it
- Have a human being answer the phone
- Give your great customers and fans a thank you gift
- Upgrade your customers…just because they’re customers
It’s a small gesture and could go a long way with word of mouth. Look, I’m certainly blogging about my experience with Zappos! What can you do to exceed your customer’s expecatations? Give it a whirl!
© 2011 – 2012, Contributing Author. All rights reserved.