Published on October 1st, 2014 | by Jill Bastian0
20 interesting holiday fun facts to share
In an effort to share some holiday cheer via social media, we’ve collected 20 interesting holiday fun facts for you to share. From how many billions of dollars will be spent on Halloween or Black Friday, or how many millions of turkeys are eaten on Thanksgiving Day, to the number of users who actively search for free shipping, there’s a holiday stat for everyone. Simply click to Tweet or copy and share on your social network of choice.
If you’re looking for more current fun facts, check out our 2015 edition.
1) Over 25% of all emails are sent during the holidays. (marketingprofs.com)
2) $7 billion is spent annually for Halloween. (statisticbrain.com)
3) On Black Friday, 55% of parents check the availability of items on their smartphones prior to going to the store. (iab.net)
4) In 2013, organic search for inbound eCommerce websites was 32% more on Cyber Monday than during the Thanksgiving Week. (blog.hubspot.com)
5) In 2013, mobile sales accounted for nearly 40% of online traffic on Black Friday. (usatoday.com)
6) Total Black Friday Spending in 2013: $57.4 billion. (statisticbrain.com)
7) The average consumer spent $407 on Black Friday last year. (statisticbrain.com)
8) 51 million turkeys are eaten on Thanksgiving Day. (statisticbrain.com)
9) 7.5 million barrels of cranberries are produced annually. (statisticbrain.com)
10) 33 million real Christmas trees are sold in the U.S. each year. (http://www.statisticbrain.com)
11) 55% of Twitter users discuss gift ideas on Twitter. (mediabistro.com/)
12) It takes an average of seven years to grow a Christmas tree. (statisticbrain.com)
13) Small Business Saturday spending in 2013 totaled $5.7 Billion. (businessweek.com/)
14) 62% of shoppers Tweet about holiday purchases they’ve made. (mediabistro.com)
15) 42% of holiday shoppers actively seek out free shipping deals. (www.statisticbrain.com)
16) Smartphones and tablets drove a record $259 million in online sales on Black Friday last year. (blogs.adobe.com)
17) Smartphones and tablets drove $419 million in online sales on on Cyber Monday last year. (blogs.adobe.com)
18) PPC campaigns increase brand awareness by 63% when businesses use online advertising.(wolfgangjaegel.com)
19) 67% of consumers have purchased a gift they saw on social media. (mediabistro.com)
20) In the 1920s, Loft’s produced the first chocolate gelt, wrapped in gold or silver foil. (wikipedia.com)
Want to schedule these stats as social posts ahead of time? Find out how here and spend your time doing other festive holiday things like decorating, drinking eggnog and shopping for people on your nice list.
Get your own holiday email and social media marketing started with VerticalResponse today. It’s free!
© 2014 – 2017, Jill Bastian. All rights reserved.