Nestled between the demanding holiday shopping season and the busy summer months sits springtime — the often-overlooked retail shopping season. Spring is the Jan Brady of shopping seasons to the Marcia, Marcia, Marcia of winter and summer.
You shouldn’t ignore the spring months for marketing your business. In 2017, Americans spent $18.4 billion for Easter and $5.3 billion on St. Patrick’s Day. That’s a lot of Easter candy and green beer.
While other businesses are coming down off their holiday high or gearing up for the summer, savvy business owners know they can stand out with delightful deals in shoppers’ inboxes during the spring.
Lest you think you only have Easter and St. Patrick’s Day to hang your hat on, we have a list of the holidays and events that make for excellent email marketing in the spring months from March through May.
- Academy Awards – March 4
- March Madness – March 13 through April 2
- Daylight Saving Time – March 11
- St. Patrick’s Day – March 17
- First day of spring – March 20
- Opening day for Major League Baseball – March 29
- Good Friday – March 30
- Easter – April 1
- April Fools’ Day – April 1
- Friday the 13th – April 13
- Tax Day – April 17
- Earth Day – April 22
- Star Wars Day (May the Fourth Be With You) – May 4
- Kentucky Derby – May 4-5
- Cinco de Mayo – May 5
- Mother’s Day – May 13
- Memorial Day – May 28
If you want your open rates to bloom this spring, you need to freshen up your email subject lines. We’ve got a garden of great ideas to help you spring into action this season.
Here are 10 email subject lines from other businesses to get those creative juices flowing:
- The Latest Spring Catalog is Here! See What’s Inside… | Williams-Sonoma
- Indulge in a Spring Fling | Milk and Honey Shoes
- Be snap-happy this spring | P&O Cruises
- Spring’s biggest deals are here. Get ’em before they’re gone. | Best Buy
- Spring Into These New Arrivals | Gwynnie Bee
- Florals For Spring? Shocking, We Know! | Le Tote
- Our Spring BLOWOUT. You NEED to see these prices | Wayfair
- Spring into Summer with our latest campaign | Marisota
- Spring Yo Self! | Busted Tees
- You’re invited! Soak up spring with us… | MetroStyle
And, because the thought of spring has us in the mood, here are 25 email subject lines — broken down by month — that you can personalize for your business. They’re sure to put a little spring in your step.
- Spring forward for savings!
- Save more than time during Daylight Saving Time
- Get sprung on these deals
- Slam dunk deals for March Madness!
- We’re saving you a lot of green this St. Patrick’s Day
- It’s your lucky day – an exclusive coupon just for you
- Hit a home run with these pitchin’ deals
- March into savings!
- This sale is no joke!
- Don’t be a fool: Everything is 25% off today only!
- We’re giving you a break for spring break
- We’ve got eggs-celent deals – just for you!
- Big sales event – Hop to it!
- Go down the savings rabbit hole
- Ears to you – an exclusive coupon just for you!
- Tax Day Sale: You’ll love these deductions
- Save money & save the planet this Earth Day
- Here’s a deal you MAY enjoy!
- The best deals in the galaxy
- This is the sale you’re looking for
- Prices worth taco-in’ about
- Perfect gift for a mother like no other
- It’s the mother of all sales!
- Yes, we’re open on Memorial Day!
- As temperatures rise, our prices decline
For more creative ideas all year long, check out our infographic, 12 months of inspiration for engaging with your email subscribers.
Join 140,000 small business owners
Get expert tips and email inspiration biweekly. Subscribe today and download our FREE Guide to Email List Management eBook.
© 2018, Sonia Mansfield. All rights reserved.