It’s time to rev up your marketing engine. To make sure your marketing efforts stay ahead of the competition, we’re going to give you the blueprints to a high performance engine. This engine combines three major components: sign up forms, emails and social media marketing.
In four easy steps, we’ll show you how these tactics can work together to maximize your marketing efforts and and keep you one step ahead of your competition.
1. Make sure your website has an email sign up form
You can collect email addresses in a variety of places, but your website should be one of them. New visitors come to your site every day, which gives you the ability to capture a lot of email addresses as people visit your site.
If you’re using VerticalResponse, you can quickly and easily add a sign up form to your site. You can use the sign up form as a landing page or embed the form on your site. When a new contact signs up, we’ll automatically add it to your email list. It’s that simple. It’s a free service for our customers.
Other third party websites like PopUp Domination offer a similar service, but you have to pay for a yearly plan.
2. Welcome new contacts
Once email addresses start coming in, it’s time to get down to email business. You want to reach out to your new contacts immediately. First, you’ll want to send a welcome email. This email should, of course, welcome your new subscribers, reiterate the benefits of your email list and encourage subscribers to visit your website or physical location.
We have several helpful articles that can help you create effective welcome emails:
3. Use email to keep your contacts informed and engaged
After sending a welcome email, you can customize your email marketing to fit your business. You should send a variety of emails to your subscribers to keep them informed and engaged.
Two of the most common questions that we’re asked about email marketing are:
- What should emails be about?
- When is the best time to send an email?
Let’s start with question #1. An email can be about anything. From promotional offers to email invitations, you can send an email about any relevant topic that your subscribers are interested in. Here are a few ideas:
- Send a newsletter that updates your audience about your business
- Tell subscribers about a new product or service that you’re offering
- Invite subscribers to an open house, customer appreciation sale or other event
- Offer a deal, discount, coupon or free consultation
- Provide useful tips that show subscribers how to use your product better
- Provide educational content that’s of interest to your audience
- Send emails that encourage readers to check out a new blog post
- Share business updates or improvements via email
- Send emails that offer holiday cheer
- Send an email that celebrates a business milestone like an anniversary
Now, on to question #2. Deciding when to send emails can be tricky. Every audience is different. However, we can offer a few a tips:
- Try sending emails on the weekends. According to a report by Experian, Saturdays and Sundays see a slightly higher open and clickthrough rate than those sent on weekdays.
- Mondays and Fridays are the most effective weekdays to send emails, according to the same report.
- The report also shows that email recipients are active at night. You might consider scheduling your emails to send between 4pm and midnight.
Of course, you’ll want to keep an eye on your metrics to see what works best for your business. Try a few tests. For example, segment your list into two, send the same email to both groups on the same day but at different times and see which one performs better. Check your open rates and click-throughs to see what time is best for your audience.
4. Reinforce your communication through social media
After sending emails, get in the habit of sharing that same message via social media. (VerticalResponse makes this easy, with a click of a button you can share your email on social media).
For example, if you just invited guests to an upcoming event, you can turn to Twitter and Facebook to invite guests too. As the event gets closer, you can send reminder emails and post similar updates on your social sites.
By collecting more email addresses through a sign up form, reaching out to those contacts via email and leveraging your social media channels, you’re using multiple channels to reach your audience. In return, your business is more visible and customers are more engaged. Hopefully, by assembling this souped-up marketing engine you’ll see an increase in your bottom line as you cross the finish line.
Create a free sign up form and send up to email to up to 1,000 contacts free with VerticalResponse.
© 2015, Contributing Author. All rights reserved.