During the holiday season, coming up with an attention-grabbing subject line is almost as challenging as finding the perfect gift for everyone on your shopping list. With Christmas promotions and other holiday messages flooding inboxes, it takes a little more effort to make sure your subject lines shine merry and bright. To help your business pa-rum-pum-pum-pummel that inbox competition, here is the holiday and Christmas subject line inspiration you’re looking for.
Holly jolly subject lines
- Time to get what you really wanted for Christmas | Poprageous
- Countdown to Christmas with 12 Days of Deals | Michaels
- Sale on sale = Christmas comes early | Banana Republic
- Christmas blues? We have the cure | Brit + Co
- Ho-ho-hold up. You haven’t started your holiday shopping yet?! | Hot Topic
- HOWLY SHIP! $5 BarkBoxes by Christmas | BarkBox
- A last-minute gift for car lovers | AutoZone
- The Holiday’s Greatest Hits | Nike
- Who’d ya forget? Get to stores for 40% off | J.Crew
- Here’s your holiday beauty how-to | Sephora
- The gift every home will love | Nest
- Santa’s Helpers: 20% off stocking stuffers | Zazzle Inc.
- SLEIGH with 30% off holiday faves | Forever21
- Happy Holidays! Time to open your gift 🎁 | ASOS
- Magical season, magical savings…30% off all faux fur! | Pottery Barn
- 11 gift ideas. Something great for everyone on your list | Crate and Barrel
- Tomorrow, we’re getting gifty | Everlane
- It looks a little empty underneath that tree | BoxLunch
- Glam gifts + perfect prices = match, made | Target
- Let’s catch up before Santa gets here! | Uniqlo
- Don’t panic, holiday procrastinators! There’s still time | Threadless
- Psst, Santa — here’s what they really want | Sur La Table
- What’s everyone getting this year? | Away
- Rudolph to Runway: Holiday fashion | Etsy
- Make that list, check it twice | eBags
- Holiday steals that won’t land you on the naughty list! | Petco
- We’re not procrastinators, we’re spontaneous | Crate & Barrel
- Deck your shoe closet! Get 40% off ALL shoes! | Charlotte Russe
Santa Claus is coming to town — and so are more subject lines
Need to promote your annual holiday sale, event or fundraiser? Tailor these subject lines to suit your business’s needs.
Sales and promotions
- Tree-mendous savings are waiting for you 🎄
- Unwrap your gift — 50% off ends tonight
- Happy holidays from our family to yours!
- A sale yule love — 40% off everything!
- You made our nice list — enjoy 30% off
- Celebrate the holidays with us
- Two words: Christmas. Party.
- Rock around the Christmas tree with us
- You’re invited: Stop by our very merry sales event
- We ho-ho-hope you’ll be at our free workshop
Giving campaigns and fundraising
- This holiday season, make an impact
- Help us wrap up the year — give a gift
- Spread holiday cheer — and hope
- Give a gift, make a difference
- We believe in the magic of giving
One more way to sleigh the holiday
As a business owner, you know just how busy this time of year can be. Reduce some of that stress by preparing your emails ahead of time. Once you’ve created a subject line that works for you, consider using an email automation tool such as VerticalResponse’s Autoresponders and Email Series. This will allow you to set up your emails when it’s convenient for you, and then have them sent automatically at the right time. Creating an email series during the holidays keeps your business top-of-mind and builds anticipation for upcoming sales and events.
All it takes is a little preparation and creativity, and you’ll be sending holiday emails that stand out and help you achieve your seasonal marketing goals.
Join 140,000 small business owners
© 2018, Amber Humphrey. All rights reserved.