August is here, and while summer heat waves may still be going strong, the new month brings in a new season for many – freshly sharpened pencils and binders filled with lined paper, or a shiny new tablet or laptop.
It may lack the glamor and glitz of the winter holidays or the romance of Valentine’s Day, but back-to-school season is no slouch. According to the National Retail Federation’s 2017 annual report, back-to-school and back-to-college spending are set to reach a record high of $83.6 billion this year, more than a 10 percent increase from 2016.
So how can your business be the teacher’s pet and rise to the front of the class? Capture customers’ attention – and business – with subject lines that make the grade. Whether you’re promoting a sale, offering a promotion, sending a reminder or simply wishing students the best for the new academic year, keep it short, keep it smart and don’t forget to proofread!
Take notes on 15 of our favorite subject lines to give you inspiration for the season ahead.
- Prime Now: $10 off your first order for Back to School | Amazon
- Healthy Back-to-School | Sutter Health
- Give BACKPACK with AEO X STATE and Teach for America | American Eagle Outfitters
- Back to School Buddy Style ? ? ? | BODYROK STUDIOS
- Tacolicious School Project | Help us reach $1 million! | Tacolicious
- Back-to-School Savings Perfect For You | LivingSocial
- Last Call, Win a Fresh Start for Fall! | Levo
- Back to Cool: Amp your routine & win! | uforia studios
- Hey kids, shake it loose together | Tablehopper
- Back-to-fit fall essentials! | Fitbit
- ? Let’s See, Kids Eyeglasses Now $19! ? | For Eyes
- Back To School Savings! | Move Loot
- All kids jeans BOGO FREE in-store + 50% off all uniforms, 2 days only! | Old Navy
- Your cheat sheet for seats. Styles under $200 | Wayfair
- 500 bonus points. Retro kicks. New backpacks. School never looked better | DSW
Join 140,000 small business owners
Get expert tips and email inspiration biweekly. Subscribe today and download our FREE Guide to Email List Management eBook.
© 2017 – 2018, Contributing Author. All rights reserved.